Many ways to give at
Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church
Click Here to Donate or Make a Payment
Welcome to our Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church (PBPC) “Giving” page. If you are a visitor please do not feel obligated to read any further. However, if you consider yourself part of the PBPC community, please read on. This page contains important information concerning how you can be a vital part of our church and participate in our mission of “People Bringing People to Christ – PBPC”
At PBPC we believe that giving is multi-dimensional. It includes giving of our Time, Talents and Treasure.
Volunteer Opportunities at PBPC
Ways you can use your time and talents to help the church and the community.
Boy Scouts of America
PBPC sponsors Troop xxx, which meets in our Calvin Hall every xxxxx night. Clark McEuen (858-xxx-xxxx) is the church’s representative sponsoring the troop.
Community Christian Service Agency (CCSA)
CCSA is sponsored by churches in the Clairemont and Pacific Beach communities to provide emergency food and clothing for those in need. Click here for more information on CCSA's Website.
Church Office Volunteers
PBPC Church office is open Monday through Friday. We are always looking for volunteers to Answer phones; answer questions; help with copying or mailings – see Meri Murch (858 273-9312 x 117)
Friday Night Family Night
Every Friday night we provide free Pizza and a movie to families from our preschool and our community. We are always in need of volunteers to assist us in our FNFN program. It runs 4pm – 7pm every Friday, if interested in helping please contact Steve Ritz (858) 382-7885
Gifts and Tithing Opportunities
With regard to giving of our monetary resources we believe that scripture teaches that it should be done Cheerfully.
God Owns Everything, and We Are But His Managers
- Psalms 24:1 — “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 — “You are not your own; you were bought at a price.”
- Deuteronomy 8:18 — “Remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 — “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- Matthew 25:21 — “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ ”
You may use whichever means fits your own situation.
The Sunday Offering:
Each Sunday we take an offering as part of our regular worship services. We encourage the use of Offering Envelopes on Sunday mornings, allowing us to keep accurate records for your year-end tax purposes. If you do not have Offering Envelopes please contact our church office (858) 273-9312.
ACH (Automated Clearing House) & EFT (Electric Funds Transfer)
To give your offering via this method:
1. Click on the “Donate or Make A Payment” link above. This will take you to our on-line donation page provided by our servicer.
2. Here you will be able to give using either a direct debit to your checking account or by using your debit/credit card.
3. Set up your member profile. Be sure to add your envelope number in the memo box.
4. In this member profile you will be able to set up whether you would like your offering to be automatically paid on a regular basis. Designations to specific funds are also possible.
5. With the member profile, you will be able to sign on at any time and receive a report of your giving to date.
6. The church will receive your offering directly into the church’s bank account with reports given directly to the Financial Secretary.
7. With the use of a debit/credit card there is a merchant service fee attached. If you would be willing to assume that fee, please click on the field to add that to your contribution so that the church receives the full amount of your intended offering.
Online Bank Bill Pay Services:
To give your offering via this method:
1. Set up Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church as a payee on your bank’s online system. Be sure to include the church’s address (1675 Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109)
2. Put your offering envelope number in the account number field.
3. If you wish to designate your offering for a particular purpose or fund, many systems offer a memo field where this information can be input, such as: “Young Campership, Building Fund, etc…”
4. To submit a payment, click on “Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church,” input the amount and any designation. The bank will send a check to the church and it will be counted with the regular Sunday morning offering.
Thank you for the time, talents and treasures that you bring into the Lord’s house by whatever means! Please Remember: “God loves a cheerful giver!”